- 2 cups cooked, short grain brown rice
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 carrot, finely grated
- ½ cup fresh parsley, minced
- 1 tsp herbs: thyme, marjoram, sage
- ½ tsp sweet paprika
- ¼ tsp. turmeric
- Shoyu to taste (1 to 2 tbsp.)
- Vegan Mayonnaise
- Preheat the oven to 200/400°. In a large bowl, mix the grain along with the onion and carrots then add the parsley, herbs, spices, and shoyu and adjust seasoning to taste.
- Press the mixture together with a wooden spoon: it should bind together, if not add a little water. Wet your hands and take a heaped tablespoon of mixture and form into burger shapes. Place on a parchment lined baking sheet and bake 12 minutes either side or until crisp on the outside.
- Serve with some of my delicious fermented radishes, some vegan mayo and fresh sprouts. Alternatively toast a sourdough bun, spread with mayo and stack with salad greens, avocado and your favourite toppings