- ¼ cup filtered water
- 2 medium leeks, white and tender green parts finely chopped
- 1 small butternut squash peeled and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 3 pears, peeled, cored, and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 5 cups miso bouillon stock
- Pinch sea salt
- 1 14-oz. can organic coconut milk
- 1 tsp. chopped fresh thyme
- Toasted flaked almonds for garnish
- Make the stock by adding the miso bouillon sachet to five cups of hot water, set aside. Heat the ¼ cup filtered water in a soup pot over medium-low heat. Add leeks, and cook 10 minutes, or until soft, stirring often. Add squash and pears, and sauté 5 minutes. Stir in the bouillon and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium-low, and add salt, if desired.
- Simmer 20 minutes, or until squash is fork-tender. Remove from heat and stir in coconut milk. Purée the soup in a blender or food processer, blend until smooth. Return soup to saucepan and stir in thyme. Reheat over medium-low heat 2 to 3 minutes, or until warmed through. Serve garnished with toasted flaked almonds.
This sweet soup is so delicious made with a combination of fresh organic vegetables, fresh pears and coconut milk. An absolute treat and loved by all my clients and students.