- Baked Crust Ingredients
- 1 ¾ cup spelt or whole wheat pastry flour
- 2 tbsp. ground flaxseeds
- 1/8 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/3 cup light vegetable oil, I use Clearspring safflower oil
- 1/3 cup rice syrup or maple syrup
- ¼ cup apple juice
- For the Filling
- 4 cups of freshly baked mashed pumpkin (or canned organic if you prefer)
- 2 cans of Clearspring organic coconut milk (chill overnight in the fridge)
- ½ cup Clearspring rice syrup
- ½ cup of organic maple syrup
- ½ tsp. vanilla extract
- ½ tsp grated ginger juice,
- ¼ tsp. nutmeg
- ½ tbsp. ground cinnamon
- Pinch of ground cloves
- Baked Crust Instructions
- This is a super recipe for a baked crust; preheat oven to 175/350deg. Mix dry ingredients together in a bowl and wet ingredients together in a separate bowl. Stir the wet ingredients into the dry. Knead the dough and allow to sit for 10 minutes. Roll out and transfer to a push up cake or pastry tin and bake for 20 minutes then set aside.
- For the Filling - Instructions
- To make the pumpkin puree from scratch, place the whole pumpkin, stem intact on a wire mesh and bake at 175/350 degrees until soft. This will take approximately 45 minutes (or less if you have a convection oven). Place a liner on the base of the oven to catch any juice that spills out of the pumpkin. (Less cleaning up). When pumpkin is soft remove from the oven. Remove the skin and scoop out the seeds and place the 4 cups of cooked pumpkin mash in your blender. Using the plunger, purée until smooth.
- Remove the coconut milk from the fridge, open and pour out the milky liquid (discard or save for another recipe) then scoop out the firm cream and add to the blender. Add all the other ingredientsand blend until smooth. Pour filling on top of your crust and place in the freezer for a minimum of 3 hours. Remove at least two hours before serving. You can store in the fridge for up to 4 or 5 days. Serve with one of my vanilla or cashew cream recipes.