Health, Healing and Human Ecology With Bill Tara & Marlene Watson-Tara
The MACROVegan Health Coach Course is a unique program focused on providing a learning experience for men and women who want to contribute to a healthy world. The course is designed to prepare the participants to help themselves and others to achieve personal health goals.
The course will be useful to those students who want to deepen their study of natural health care and macrobiotics as well as those who wish to utilize the training as an addition to their professional services such as fitness coaching, yoga teaching, vegan coaching, business coaching or any practice of alternative health care.
Nutritionists who have graduated on our course say that we opened a huge window of opportunity for them. Many of them start to offer cooking classes alongside their nutrition consultations. For Yoga Teachers, teaching the principles of vegan cooking and nutrition alongside their passion for Ahimsa go hand in hand. The possibilities are endless for massage therapists who can offer nutrition and many home remedies for a wide range of ailments that their clients are struggling with. Nutritional stress after all is very real and a world-wide epidemic. Acupuncturists have also found our diploma course to be of huge advantage to their business. By changing their clients diets to wholefood plant-based coupled with their acupuncture sessions, have brought incredible results.
We have had the most incredible students from 27 countries, all from diverse backgrounds. From bankers, lawyers, nutritionists, high-court judges, barbers, doctors, housewives, yoga teachers, massage therapists, beauty therapists, school teachers, and many more. It is our passion and pleasure to now offer this course online. We have many students from around the world who simply wanted to empower themselves on how to live a long healthy life. We look forward to meeting you. This course is for everyone!
- Human Ecology and Healthy Living
- Nutritional Science and Human Experience
- A review of Traditional Ways of Eating
- Nutritional Epidemiology - What the Studies Say
- Fundamental Problems with the Modern Diet
- George Oshawa’s Levels of Illness and Health
Health and Emotion / East and West
- Belief and Behaviour in Health and Healing
- Relationship of Health to Habit
- Classical Definitions of Health
- The Mind Body Connection
- Basic Character Qualities in Five Transformations as Archetypes to Inform Understanding.
- Abraham Maslow and Western Ideas of Healthy Behaviour
- Five Behavioural Archetypes
Traditions of Nutrition
- Yin and Yang / Understanding Food Energy
- The Macrobiotic System of Health Care
- Understanding the Energy of Foods by Growth Patterns, Environment and Effect on Body
- Using Yin and Yang Classifications to Create Health
- The Roots of Modern Macrobiotic Dietary Practice
- The Economy and Ecology of Diet
- The Cycle of Yin and Yang Through the Seasons
- Examples of Food Qualities and Taste in the Five Transformations
- Living with the Seasons
- Making Adaptation to the Season and Environment
- Basic Dietary Changes for Personal Needs
- Kitchen Remedies for Digestive Disorders
- Kitchen Remedies for Common Illnesses
- Kitchen Remedies for Cooling or Heating
- Drinks for Elimination and Detoxifying
- Kitchen Compresses
- Metabolic Syndrome
- Cancer Prevention
- Diabetes Prevention & Reversal
- Weight Loss
- Common Causes of Weight Gain
- Calories, Cravings and Metabolism
- Women’s Problems
- Menstrual Problems
- Pre-Menopause and Menopause
- Men’s Problems
- Heart and Circulatory System
- Prostate Problems
- Health Assessment and Oriental Diagnosis
- The Uses and Limitations of Visual Diagnosis
- Understanding the Art of Seeing (Bo-Shin)
- Qualities of Excess in Skin Colour and Complexion
- Practical Uses of The Face Map
- Expression and Body Language
- Posture and Body Armouring
- Tongue Diagnosis
Principles and Practice of Health Coaching
- Orientation to Coaching
- The Principles of Intentional Listening
- Bridge Building and Motivation in Healing
- Rules of The Game, Basic Technique and Inspiration
- An Ethical Approach to Health Coaching
- Leading Support Groups and Healing Circles
- Strategies for Healing Common Health Problems
- How to Make Safe Adjustments in Diet And Lifestyle
- Establishing A Health-Related Business
37 Video Classes
900 Pages of Educational Tutorials
8 hours One-to-One Zoom Time with Bill and Marlene
Since 1967 Bill Tara has been an active advocate for natural heath care. He was the Vice President of Erewhon Trading Company, one of America’s first national distributors of organic foods, and was a co-founder of Sunwheel Natural Foods in London, England.
In 1969 Michio Kushi encouraged him to begin teaching and slowly this became the focus of his work. He has been a health counselor, teacher, author, entrepreneur and creator of health education centers in Europe and North America. His innovative and creative teaching of traditional approaches to health, healing and personal development have taken him to over twenty countries as a seminar leader. He has appeared on a variety of radio and television shows in England, America and Australia speaking on Macrobiotics, Dietary policy and the environment.
In 1975 he founded the Community Health Foundation and East / West Center in London England, a Charitable Trust that was the largest natural health education center in the world. Together with Michio and Aveline Kushi, he created the Kushi Institute and served as Executive Director of the institute programs in London, England and then the International KI in Boston, USA. Bill has served as a senior faculty member for the Kiental Institute in Switzerland and the Naropa University in Boulder, Colorado. He was Chairman of the European Macrobiotic Assembly for four years and served as Chairman of the North American Macrobiotic Congress for two years.
In 1975 he edited and published, Your Face Never Lies, based on the teachings of Michio Kushi, which continues to be one of the most popular books on Oriental Diagnosis. In 1985 he published Macrobiotics and Human Behavior, the first book by a Westerner on the Chinese theory of the Body/Mind connection. His last book, Natural Body / Natural Mind is available on Amazon as is his first published novel Portal of Dreams. His latest book How To Eat Right & Save The Planet available world-wide.
Marlene is a long-time vegan, activist, lover of animals, nature and life with a passion for human ecology. As a high profiled and dedicated health counsellor and teacher with over 40 years experience in the health industry, Marlene's dietary advice draws from the fields of Macrobiotic Nutrition, her studies in Traditional Chinese Medicine and her certification in Plant-Based Nutrition. She has trained private chefs for royal families and has clients from the world of the movies and arts. Her mission and vision is to grow the vegan message worldwide with her dynamic and unique style of teaching.
In addition to her work as a Health Educator, Macrobiotic Counsellor and Vegan Chef & Cooking Teacher, Marlene has designed various successful programmes ‘The Natural Woman’ and ‘Weight Loss Nature’s Way’.
Marlene has been teaching her ‘Living with the Seasons’ workshops in various parts of Europe, America and Australia over the last three decades. In the last 10 years she has been teaching chef’s the art and skill of macrobiotic vegan cooking.
Readers of Marlene's latest book Go Vegan will get a clear understanding of the nutritional and environmental principles for a healthy and delicious way of eating. Science, ancient wisdom and environmental issues are all considered in the creation of Marlene's approach. This is the only vegan cookbook that shows you the why as well as the how.
Please join us in service for a healthy world for humans and nonhumans alike. Subscribe to our you tube channel on our Human Ecology Project website page. Our royalties from our books go towards funding our charity. Thank you.
In good health